Except for the Gypsy Kings take on “Hotel California” (which The Eagles then ripped off for their live version), the late Etta James does the best Eagles cover I’ve ever heard. Here’s a live performance of “Take It To The Limit.” A longer version can be found on the excellent album “Live From San Francisco.”
Subscribe for email notices of new posts
Railtown — The Book
Railtown presents the history of this system by drawing on archival documents, contemporary news accounts, and interviews with many of the key players to provide critical behind-the-scenes accounts of the people and forces that shaped the system.
Tales from California
- Questions About Los Angeles Rail Transit? Ask Me Anything At Curbed L.A.’s Live Chat, 1:30-2:30pm Today
- Could L.A. Have Saved Its Streetcar System?
- Standardizing Food Labels To Avoid Waste
- Redesigning Bus Networks Won’t Recapture Lost Riders — More Bus-Only Lanes, Lower Fares & Transit Oriented Development Needed
- End Of California’s Legislative Session Brings Victories On Housing But Setbacks On Renewables