NextCity.org, a useful website for tracking rail and development issues around the country and globe, published a Q&A with me today on the case of LA rail. The interview ended up being timely with today’s announcement of a $1.25B federal grant and $856M loan for the Wilshire subway extension to near-Beverly Hills. In the interview, we discuss Republican opposition to rail, the curious case of former-rail-advocate-and-now-opponent Wendell Cox, ongoing rail-oriented development battles, and where LA should prioritize future lines.
Subscribe for email notices of new posts
Railtown — The Book
Railtown presents the history of this system by drawing on archival documents, contemporary news accounts, and interviews with many of the key players to provide critical behind-the-scenes accounts of the people and forces that shaped the system.
Tales from California
- New Data Reveal CEQA Barely Affects California’s Transportation Rehab Projects
- Talking Energy Storage In Sao Paulo, Brazil — Conference Live Stream Today
- Underneath Downtown L.A.: My Tour Of The “Regional Connector” Rail Tunnel
- How Has Climate Science Changed In 30 Years?
- SB 827 & California’s Housing Debate — KQED Forum Today At 10am