Journalist and podcaster Colin Marshall sat down with me for an hour last month to talk L.A. Metro Rail and Railtown for his “Notebook on Cities and Culture.” You can listen to the full podcast here. We covered Roger Rabbit, the influence of South American cities on LA, the too-short platforms on the Red Line subway, and the prospects for the future of the system, among other topics.
Subscribe for email notices of new posts
Railtown — The Book
Railtown presents the history of this system by drawing on archival documents, contemporary news accounts, and interviews with many of the key players to provide critical behind-the-scenes accounts of the people and forces that shaped the system.
Tales from California
- Apple Cleans Up Its Battery Supply Chain, But Not Microsoft, Per Amnesty International
- The Need For Spock On Transit
- Super Cheap Wyoming Wind Vs. Coal Industry
- The Uphill Battle To Limit Sprawl In California’s Central Valley
- The Power Of Group Think & Lessons For Climate Communications