Journalist and podcaster Colin Marshall sat down with me for an hour last month to talk L.A. Metro Rail and Railtown for his “Notebook on Cities and Culture.” You can listen to the full podcast here. We covered Roger Rabbit, the influence of South American cities on LA, the too-short platforms on the Red Line subway, and the prospects for the future of the system, among other topics.
Subscribe for email notices of new posts
Railtown — The Book
Railtown presents the history of this system by drawing on archival documents, contemporary news accounts, and interviews with many of the key players to provide critical behind-the-scenes accounts of the people and forces that shaped the system.
Tales from California
- The Pro-Transit-Oriented Housing Coalition Takes Shape
- Housing Legislation Update — Planning & Conservation League Conference This Saturday
- My Sacramento Bee Op-Ed On SB 827 & Relaxing Local Restrictions On Housing Near Transit
- What Should States Do To Take Action On Climate, Given Federal Intransigence?
- Automation Leading To Job Losses At California’s Ports