For Los Angeles Metro Rail fans (or critics) in the Bay Area, or for those curious about the L.A. story, I’ll be speaking tonight on my book “Railtown” at the UC Berkeley Faculty Club. The talk will begin at 6pm, followed by a response by Dr. Martin Wachs. Wachs was himself involved in the history of rail, mostly as a critic of the effort to get Metro Rail built. I will be interested in hearing his response to the history. More information on the event can be found here.
Subscribe for email notices of new posts
Railtown — The Book
Railtown presents the history of this system by drawing on archival documents, contemporary news accounts, and interviews with many of the key players to provide critical behind-the-scenes accounts of the people and forces that shaped the system.
Tales from California
- Is San Francisco Making Progress On Homelessness? City Visions Tonight At 7pm
- Electric Airplanes: Quieter, Cleaner, And Coming Soon?
- The Solar+Storage Revolution Could Come To Hawaii First
- Navajo & Hopi Tribes Reveal The Local Impact Of Closing A Coal Plant
- China Launches The Electric Vehicle Arms Race