For yesterday’s celebrations around the unveiling of the Expo light rail line to Santa Monica from downtown L.A., I had an opportunity to do an extended interview on the politics of the line with KCRW’s Saul Gonzalez. You can listen to the audio here.
Subscribe for email notices of new posts
Railtown — The Book
Railtown presents the history of this system by drawing on archival documents, contemporary news accounts, and interviews with many of the key players to provide critical behind-the-scenes accounts of the people and forces that shaped the system.
Tales from California
- California’s 2008 Smart Growth Law Has Barely Affected Local Action On Land Use
- Why Airports Lack Incentive To Support Transit: The LAX-Rail History
- “Gravity Trains” As Energy Storage
- France Taking Lead From U.S. On Climate Science Research — My KCBS Radio Interview
- Comprehensive State Survey Shows California’s Environmental Quality Act Rarely Impedes New Projects