For those in the San Francisco Bay Area or with internet radio access, I’ll be on KQED radio this morning at 9am discussing California’s landmark new renewable energy and energy efficiency bill, SB 350. The governor just signed it, as I blogged about this week, and it also contains overlooked but critical provisions on vehicle electrification. Those provisions compensate for the bill language on reducing petroleum fuels by 50% by 2030 that the oil industry worked hard to strip. Tune in if you can here.
Subscribe for email notices of new posts
Railtown — The Book
Railtown presents the history of this system by drawing on archival documents, contemporary news accounts, and interviews with many of the key players to provide critical behind-the-scenes accounts of the people and forces that shaped the system.
Tales from California
- What Should States Do To Take Action On Climate, Given Federal Intransigence?
- Automation Leading To Job Losses At California’s Ports
- Alameda Housing Debate — Tonight At 7pm
- Trump’s Puny Infrastructure Plan Seeks To Boost Privatization & Weaken Environmental Laws
- Cape Town’s “Day Zero” Water Shutdown Could Be A Postcard From A Climate Future